Packing up my camper recently I noticed that
wear was taking place where the internal support poles rest against
the floor of the camper. To avoid further damage, I have built a
pair of plywood bases that distribute the pole's force over a much
The triangular section is
meant to fit inside the pocket on the floor of the camper. The
larger semi circle allows the pocket to be easily pulled up around
the spreader. Using a 25mm spade bit, I also drilled out a shallow
angled area for the pole to rest within.
Cost $0 from scrap plywood offcuts - certainly better than
needing to repair the floor in the future.
thanks to Ray
Jones for sharing this idea