Looking forward to seeing you
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

77 sunsetstrip

Re: Coming back to camper from caravan

Post by 77 sunsetstrip » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:31 pm

i have just joined you mob and i have also gone from a caravan to a camper trailer as i now tow whith a Suzuki Vitara 1.6 liter size .......i was given the car and it has only 28 k on the clock its a 2016 model .......my camper is a Cameron one for my dog and i ......havent been away yet as a small bit of work i need to do on the camper is build a slide out kitchen .....and the spreader bars need C caps on the ends ......then some LED tail lights on the trailer and all done .....other than a bit of painting the wheels ........

Us & The Dogs

Post by Us & The Dogs » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:48 am

Do you live in SA?, if so I thought you had bought a caravan a small one, have you now gone back to a campertrailer?, I found with my Vitara 2.4lt, that it is much cheaper to tow with, my camper weighs in at 670kg, fully loaded. Am now looking at fitting a diesel heater, as we are cold weather campers. We never camp in summer.

77 sunsetstrip

Post by 77 sunsetstrip » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:59 pm

Us & The Dogs wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:48 am
Do you live in SA?, if so I thought you had bought a caravan a small one, have you now gone back to a campertrailer?, I found with my Vitara 2.4lt, that it is much cheaper to tow with, my camper weighs in at 670kg, fully loaded. Am now looking at fitting a diesel heater, as we are cold weather campers. We never camp in summer.
yes i did have a caravan but sold it due to my Vitara that is a 1.6 one of 2016 year that was given to me ......the camper i got is a soft floor cameron one i think and it weighs 250 k empty ......so way better to tow with ......im a sa bloke ...im a lone traveler except for the dog when away ......cheers ps i wont be going back to a van ever now ....

77 sunsetstrip

Post by 77 sunsetstrip » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 am

good day all ..........the pull over camper trailer i was not able to set it up on my own so i sold it to a nice couple of folk ......i brought a topagee 4 berth one and have found i can set it up on my own with not much effort ......yer i have changed around a bit with vans and campers but i have lost no money in doing it even made profit on my changes ......i now have my last RV as im getting up in years i wont be doing anymore RVs .......i do enjoy going away as i have done for many years ......please be respectfull of my posts as i will of any i see ......cheers

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:02 pm

Hi sunsetstrip,

It is all about what suits you & your own style of camping, along with the places you like to camp. If you can easily tow & set up this camper, then that is a major advantage, rather than struggling each time you get out which will no doubt put you off.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year