lithium batteries

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

robcaz

Re: lithium batteries

Post by robcaz » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:57 am

We are usually tripping away for half the year from a week up to two or three months at a time. This would give around say 150 cycles of the AGM's per year.

Also undercharging an AGM will cause sulphating & shorten the batteries life. Correct battery maintenance at home so the battery is at 100% using a multistage charger sized for the battery or battery bank size will prolong the battery life.

Our Redarc BCDC1225 DC to DC charger does a great job driving between camps with batteries at 100% when we reach the next camp.

This is a good article on the 50% rule http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/50percent.html
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

vernonbain

Post by vernonbain » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:42 pm

Please be advised that the quality of lithium batteries varies. Revolution Power Australia is a trustworthy vendor, and a simple conversation with John Freath will answer all of your questions. However, my experience has caused me to reconsider my lithium vs. AGM requirements.
11 Verrell St, Wetherill Park, NSW 2164, Australia
Website: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/sydney/doub ... em-kayaks/

peatop

Post by peatop » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi everyone, since I joined in April I have been searching for reasonably priced good quality LFP supply which led me on the road to make my own as being the only way to get what I want and needed, this meant many hours of searching forums and youtube but I now have the knowledge and confidence to make good quality LFP batteries for myself.
so far Iv'e ordered 4 105ah cells and 100a BMS from a Chinese supplier for a total cost of $424 AUD delivered to my door and should arrive sometime in the next month so I will keep you all informed.

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 am

Hi Peatop,

Looking forward to hear more, please keep us up to date.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year