Patriot Camper

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Swany3

Patriot Camper

Post by Swany3 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:20 pm

I’m interested to see if anybody else is having trouble filling their Patriot camper up with water, it takes me upwards of 45 minutes to fill both 70 Ltr tanks, it doesn’t seem to matter if you try with a fast running hose or just trickle it in slowly the air cough’s and splutters back out the inlet, taking quite a lot of water with it. Obviously the air is not escaping properly and the water becomes pressurised whilst filling. I have approached Patriot about this problem as I purchased it new in 2016 and they were not terribly helpful saying there was a knack to it and to try putting the trailer on a lean when filling, well I’ve tried every which way from Sunday and it doesn’t matter what you do it still takes forever to fill. Swany3

robcaz

Re: Patriot Camper

Post by robcaz » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:03 pm

Hi Swany,

It would be worth checking to see if the breather hose & outlet which is located on the top of the water tanks may be kinked or squashed. This would result in air not escaping when filling up the tanks.

Hope this helps.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

grsouthern

Post by grsouthern » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:53 pm

THE EASY WAY TO FILL YOUR CARAVAN & RV WATER ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98d7xf3Q8Bs

Swany3

Post by Swany3 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:22 am

Hi robcaz, thank’s for taking the time to reply, yes I’m sure your right about a kinked air hose coming from the top of the water tanks, I have had a look over years to try and find such a kink on many occasions but to no avail it a very confined space with a lot of hoses running in all directions. I was just curious more than anything to see if other Patriot owners were experiencing similar problems. Happy camping, Swany.

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:52 pm

If you have a floor trolley jack you may be able to drop the tank without disconnecting any hoses to see if the breather hose is the problem.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Hawc269

Post by Hawc269 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:09 pm

Swanny,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? And, if so, how? I have the same issue and have tried everything that I can think of, but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Cheers