Camper advice..

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

traveller69

Camper advice..

Post by traveller69 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Hey all.. Thanks for having me here, first post!

We're looking for a camper trailer in the $20k-$30k range, new or used is good. Prefer forward folding, and there's 4 of us so want one with 2 double beds like the Lumberjack Otway. I'll be towing it with a 2021 Santa Fe, which has 200Kg ball weight. Not sure what other features we should look for but we're new to this so any advice is very welcome. So, what should we look for?

Thanks, Ivan.

Us & The Dogs

Re: Camper advice..

Post by Us & The Dogs » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:52 pm

As a recent Hardfloor buyer of an 80' model camper, I don't know much about the F.Fold campers, but a neighbour, has one he bought last year, and it has a diesel heater/hotwater, shower, TV, it came with a fridge interior led lights, enough 12 volt and USB chargers that you would ever want, 2 batteries( lithium< I think and he paid $26k for it, He is very happy with it. I will find out the Brand and let you know as soon as I can. I think it is one of the up market Chinese ones, that come under any amount of Brands out there. It is an offroader as well. Have seen all it's welds, suspension the works and it is the goods. The Company that designed the concept and built them was Modcon (Aussie Company), I don't know if they still do it, as they were feeling the pinch from Chinese knockoffs at half their price. Their is apparently a Facebook account in this Forums Name so it gets more hit's then here, I would try there as well.