Molly, our dog

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Us & The Dogs

Molly, our dog

Post by Us & The Dogs » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:25 am

We are putting to sleep Molly, our 16 and a half yo dog tomorrow. She is worn out, in severe arthritic pain, incontinent as well. Having found it hard to choose the right time, made the decision on the weekend just gone. We will always be known here as Us & the Dog's, still have two left, but most probably not replacing any of them anymore, unless another disabled one( like Molly was) desperately needs a home. Will miss her dearly after having her with us for 14 plus years. End of an era. They broke the mold when they made her.

Cube_Squared

Re: Molly, our dog

Post by Cube_Squared » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:17 pm

Never cool putting down pets eh.

The right thing to do is think if it was you or a loved one. Would you like to keep going in pain and not able to talk or rely the feelings on pain etc?....

I found with some Vets, it's a money stream the at end of life with pets. It disgusts me how they keep them going for cash. Been there a few times now, keep dragging on and coming back for more 'check ups' etc.

Your decision is the right one, for your pet. Hard part is 'hanging on too long' and well, prolong suffering.

Even our pets deserve grace and to go before suffering.

Us & The Dogs

Re: Molly, our dog

Post by Us & The Dogs » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:51 pm

We have perfect vets. Have been with them for 20 years. They are not rich vets, and don't charge rich prices. Today was $83, plus they bought back an unopened box of heart meds, for the same price as we bought them for from them. They kept her, until we could pick her up after shopping, fast freeze, as we have an hour and a half drive home. They are lovely people, plus I also would include our mobile vet, he is mates with them, and charges no more they what they do. Great people