new LCC27 gas bottle fitting

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

robcaz

new LCC27 gas bottle fitting

Post by robcaz » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:29 am

Hi all,

A new SafeLok LCC27 fitting is being introduced on 4kg & 9kg gas bottles to replace the existing POL gas fitting including the Swap an Go bottles.

The new LCC27 appliance connection has a larger & easy to use right threaded hand wheel which is more intuitive to connect and easier to tighten.
It also features thermal protection in case of a fire & will stop the gas flow. Plus a “back check valve” so if the hand wheel is not tightened fully will not allow gas to flow.

Existing older style gas hoses with the POL fitting are compatible with the new LCC27 valve cylinders.

Hoses with the new style LCC27 fitting can only be used with a matching cylinder. They are not compatible with POL valve cylinders.

More info can be found at https://outdoorsandbeyond.com.au/blogs/ ... t-is-lcc27?
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Us & The Dogs

Re: new LCC27 gas bottle fitting

Post by Us & The Dogs » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:28 pm

That extra bit of info was handy rob, but I can see some issues, namely my gasmate gas heater, needs a special adapter to use on current bottles and I havent seen anything remotely close to replace it, plus a few more problems namely the expense to adapt my 2 x 30kg bottles, and 4 x 4.5kg and 9kg bottles. Changing over to swap and go's, means you have to change your mounts on your vans or campers for the bottles, as they are only 8.5kg and 3.7 kg sizes because they are smaller bottles.

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:01 pm

The POL fittings on the current hoses will fit the newer SafeLok LCC27 fitting on the gas bottles. As I understand it, as you have your POL gas bottles refilled it will be replaced with the new LCC27 fitting.

We have the 3/8 inch fittings on all our gas bottles. A couple needed recertification so we headed up to the place we had them done ten years ago. Place gone. After Goggling we went to another business nearby & they no longer restamp the bottles because everyone uses Swap an Go with the POL fittings. So looks like we will have to buy new bottles which is also cheaper than having an old bottle restamped.

It is hard to find a place that will refill our old 3.3kg 1990 Primus gas bottle with the 3/8 fitting without the safety cage on top even though it has been restamped over the years until now. It fits in a locker make for that size bottle. A 3kg bottle will not fit because of the safety cage making the bottle too high. So now we need to buy two 2kg bottles & then there is a problem where do we carry the spare bottle safely.

happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Us & The Dogs

Post by Us & The Dogs » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:01 am

I can see some expenses coming up. Like changing over my hose on my finch 3 way fridge if that is even possible, on my outdoor BBQ, my gas heater that needs an L joint, so it sits upright and I take it my house bottles hosing, and replacing the valves on the bottles, as those bottles are actually mine and I have kept them as they are larger in volume, then what they are today and they were recertified 2 years ago, so have to pay for them again And I will have to get it all sorted right away, as it is coming onto holiday season.