ball weight

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

robcaz

ball weight

Post by robcaz » Sun May 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi all,

I was curious as to the difference a full rear water tank or the three jerrys made to the ball weight so as we packed the camper this morning I had a play around with the Towsafe Ball Weight http://www.campertrailers.org/towsafe.htm

Our Track Trailer Eagle is based on a 6x4 foot Guiding Star box trailer with a short 1050mm drawbar & a rear 60 litre water tank mounted behind the axle. The rack across the front holds three twenty litre jerrys. Water weighs one kg a litre.

With no water added the ball weight was 100kg. It was once a lot lighter before we added the two 120 amp hour AGM batteries weighing 35kg each forward of the axle in the battery boxes.

Filling the rear 60 litre water tank only makes the ball 110kg

One jerry full on the front rack makes the ball 120kg

Two full jerrys makes the ball 130kg

Three full jerrys makes the ball 140kg

If you are attending a weekend meet where we will also be, the Towsafe Ball Weight is available for members use.

We have not weighed the camper fully loaded since we put the new all 14oz canvas on, so we are dropping into a public weighbridge on our way tomorrow morning http://www.robcaz.net/new_canvas.htm
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

DiscoKym

Re: ball weight

Post by DiscoKym » Sun May 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Sorry A little off topic but nice Jurgens behind you??

Mine has gone up to 80 Kg after adding a spare wheel for the car and 100AH AGM battery on the drawbar. Not sure with the jerry cans (2x 20L & 1x 10L) filled as most I have filled so far is one 20 Litre can as backup on Birdsville Track (didn't need it). The Pathfinder can use fuel when it wants to!!!!

Now I have a diesel I'm not sure I will need them, especially with about a 1000km range.. :)

I've still haven't got mine to a weight bridge yet ether... Not sure I want too..
Disco 2 TD5 Auto ACE & Cub Kamparoo Weekender Transcontinental Plus..