what a waste

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

77 sunsetstrip

what a waste

Post by 77 sunsetstrip » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:18 pm

this forum is a waste of time ...no one posts on it ......dont know why it was ever started .....im finished with it ......

Us & The Dogs

Re: what a waste

Post by Us & The Dogs » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Clifford, it was started before Facebook, ever existed, when that came about everyone moved to it, I am glad it is still here, for the information it still provides

robcaz

Post by robcaz » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:00 am

The group was originally started as a Yahoo Group in 2001. I set up this PHPBB forum in 2014 as an alternative for those who did not like the Yahoo Groups Platform when forums were popular. Then Yahoo Groups were closed.

We set up a Facebook Group which is now the most popular form of communication for members with over 32,000 members. There is plenty of activity on the Australian CamperTrailers Facebook Group. There is no slagging matches, for sales, manufacturers sales pitches etc.

Again this forum is for those who do not like Facebook, but still like to keep up with the happenings within the group, weekend meet announcements with attendance form, what is new on the website & any trip feedback members may have. It serves a small number of members of over 3000.

Of course any forum is only as good as its active members. If members do not post then the forum does not tick over with information.

Facebook is the in thing at the moment, what platform will be popular in a few years will be anyones guess. If we don't update to what members what to use for communication then the group dies.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Us & The Dogs

Post by Us & The Dogs » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:44 pm

I for one am glad that it is here, as I don't do facebook. One day facebook wont be there, and all will come back here, and even if they don't I just hope this forum survives. I have not done any camping since winter due to health and weather issues, except by my motorbike. In July I bought my first brand new motorcycle since 30 years ago. That's right I haven't had a bike for 30 years, finally getting one before I get too old. It is an Adventure bike for off road riding and camping, so it has taken some of our future camping trips away from doing it by car. Intent was to change it up a bit and do something similar but different, and I must admit, should have done it long ago. Was worried that my wife wouldn't be onboard with it, but when I told her what I wanted to do, she said, "I was hoping you would come back to it, I loved touring on the bike with you back in the day". So that was enough encouragement for me to go ahead with it. Now come the many rides that I can plan for us both.