require campertrailer feedback

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

collins

require campertrailer feedback

Post by collins » Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 am

Hi, its my first post, so please be kind.
Wife & I went to the Camp/caravan, show Rosehill last month, saw 2 campervans that look good and, standout in our price range. would appreciate some feedback if any one is using them.?
hard floor, off road, models.
Market direct campers , were impressive, and Leisure Matters (Ranger off road ) our budget is max . $20k. thanks, kevin.

GEOFF.PAULINE

Re: require campertrailer feedback

Post by GEOFF.PAULINE » Tue May 27, 2014 11:10 am

Hi. We have an MDC hard floor Expedition Crusader which is now about 20 K. It is the forward folding with the Lounge area.

Found trailer to be O.K. , Canvas seems good , no leaks when raining, comes well set up with equipment but did come with some faults .

I have had to contact them twice for warranty , and had a tough time to get action.

Geoff.

redscorpion999

Re: require campertrailer feedback

Post by redscorpion999 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:54 am

Hi, I have previously owned a Leisure Matters Trooper Deluxe and loved it. Great value for money. Didn't have any problems with it, although I didn't do any heavy duty off roading with it.

One observation (criticism?) which isn't a big one, is that I found the tent section too big to erect by myself. Heaps of room for a family, but just too much for the 2 of us, and with the wife having a bad back, she couldn't help with setting up and packing away the canvas. Just something to consider. It certainly wouldn't be an issue with 2 people working together.

I sold it when I relocated last year, but am looking to buy another camper and I'm definitely considering another one from LM, but this time a hard floor version, being smaller and easier to erect by myself. :)