Anyone heard of Nomad Campers & Trailers PTY LTD

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Simmidy

Anyone heard of Nomad Campers & Trailers PTY LTD

Post by Simmidy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:37 pm

New to the Camper Trailer world, and I have just started researching camper trailer options. Went to the Camping and Caravan Show in Brisbane over the weekend to have a look at trailers/companies etc.

Came across the company Nomad Campers and Trailers PTY LTD, they are based in Acacia Ridge. From the basic research I have done so far they seem to offer good value for your money - BUT - they appear to be a new company, they look like they are an import based company, and I can't find anything about them online re reviews etc... I also am aware that what sometimes appear as good value can end up being poor quality/poor finishing/poor workmanship and in some instance less than desirable after sale service.

Has anyone heard of these guys or purchased a trailer from them?

There 'Osprey Side Fold Soft Floor' is a hot dipped Galvanised 7 x 4 camper, with alloy tool box, large alloy fridge box with sliders, Alloy pole carrier, trailer carpeted, 10 in electric brakes, 7 leaf rebound springs. 2 year manufacturer warranty. Tent is 15.5oz 12ft fine weave canvas with tropical roof. Mattress, ladder, full annex, walls, floor included. $7495 with axle suspension or $8595 with independent suspension. Does this sound too good to be quality? Have only just started researching, so still trying to see what represents good value but also quality/safety.

Thanks for any help.

BillyBS

Re: Anyone heard of Nomad Campers & Trailers PTY LTD

Post by BillyBS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi Simmidy

We were also at the show on Saturday, ended up buying from MDC.
Had a look at the Nomad one you mention, they certainly give you a lot for the money.

We have done a lot of research over the past couple of months, trawled the net, looked at several camper options, decided what we wanted in the package etc. looked at a company called T & R Trailers, again they had a model with everything we were looking for, looked at it and it looked the part, thought it was what we were looking for, went back again after looking at MDC, this time the T&R was outside in daylight, so you could see the finish, the welds, the kitchen etc etc, just didn't stack up against the MDC no matter how much I wanted it too. So after a long day on Saturday we just couldn't go past the MDC, they gave us a great deal, so very happy.

I suppose it's down to what you're looking for, has it got all the bits you want, is the quality for the price a real issue, are you going to be doing lots of off road stuff, is it (like for us) just for a few long weekends/a week here and there. Also, couldn't justify the $10-20k for Aussie made, no matter how good they are. The proof will be in the pudding as they say, but can't wait to get out there!

Go with your head and your budget.

Cheers
Cheers
Bill(yBS)

dlncooke

Post by dlncooke » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Simmidy wrote:New to the Camper Trailer world, and I have just started researching camper trailer options. Went to the Camping and Caravan Show in Brisbane over the weekend to have a look at trailers/companies etc.

Came across the company Nomad Campers and Trailers PTY LTD, they are based in Acacia Ridge. From the basic research I have done so far they seem to offer good value for your money - BUT - they appear to be a new company, they look like they are an import based company, and I can't find anything about them online re reviews etc... I also am aware that what sometimes appear as good value can end up being poor quality/poor finishing/poor workmanship and in some instance less than desirable after sale service.

Has anyone heard of these guys or purchased a trailer from them?

There 'Osprey Side Fold Soft Floor' is a hot dipped Galvanised 7 x 4 camper, with alloy tool box, large alloy fridge box with sliders, Alloy pole carrier, trailer carpeted, 10 in electric brakes, 7 leaf rebound springs. 2 year manufacturer warranty. Tent is 15.5oz 12ft fine weave canvas with tropical roof. Mattress, ladder, full annex, walls, floor included. $7495 with axle suspension or $8595 with independent suspension. Does this sound too good to be quality? Have only just started researching, so still trying to see what represents good value but also quality/safety.

Thanks for any help.
Hi we bought a Nomad Condor,
It's not to bad, finish could be a little better.
We are taking ours to Alice Springs via Birdsville and the plenty Highway next year so we'll see how it goes.
I'm going to do a few upgrades, nothing to major though.
redid the wiring so i can run bigger items and setup a 200 watt solar panel with a 20 amp regulator.
I cant post pictures so i cant give you a look @ ours.
Over all there on par with the competition.

Cheers
Dave
Dmax LS-U, Nomad Hard Floor camper trailer, with a few upgrades.

stewysnomadtrailer

Post by stewysnomadtrailer » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:49 am

I have taken delivery of the Nomad Osprey and had a few extras added. I can tell you that Jim and his team at Nomad bend over backwards to provide a quality product and so far I have had no reason for complaint. Everything works as advertised and the quality seems pretty good to me and I am pretty fussy. Would recommend them anytime. :D