Trailered batteries in NSW.

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

depslibrary

Re: Trailered batteries in NSW.

Post by depslibrary » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:01 am

I think the requirement applies only to vehicles registered in this state, not those registered elsewhere

Joy
David and Joy Wilkinson

GrantWC

Post by GrantWC » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi Andy

I heard it was the Battery Police who pulled the motorist over and they were considering charging them under the Solar Rays act, section 12 v.

Got to raise funds to pay for all the ICAC meetings LOL.

If the fish don't bite, I wouldn't fish.

The General
aka Grant

andrewdale

Post by andrewdale » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:52 pm

GrantWC wrote:Hi Andy

I heard it was the Battery Police who pulled the motorist over and they were considering charging them under the Solar Rays act, section 12 v.

Got to raise funds to pay for all the ICAC meetings LOL.

If the fish don't bite, I wouldn't fish.

The General
aka Grant
Well howdy General, did you make it home OK or are you still on the road? So many lucky buggers seem to be dawdling home and enjoying the experience. Wasn't the Glen Innes meet, a real hoot? I vowed to be the very last to leave, as is my normal practise when camping, however once everyone else had left, so did that friendly warmth. Many thanks to the organisers of the meet.
As for the fishing, I leave that to the professionals. The breakaway brakes now so well covered by those helpful clubbers and Stewart Preddle from Redarc.
I have been known to introduce a subject to jive up some response from various forums, when there are quiet moments. My own 4x4 club is often a case in point, people say there's nothing to read in the forum, they look every day but say nothing themselves. I strive always to be inoffensive to others, as being too personal, is beyond reproach.

So for my next entry, I will comment on the dangers of sitting on the downwind side, of a sparking campfire. My favourite VHC club shirt, now has 3 holes in it. So sad.

Cheers AndyD.

GrantWC

Post by GrantWC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:30 pm

G'day Andy

We made it home safely after packing up between showers. The biggest shower happened just after I had packed up, hitched the trailer to the car and was safely in the shower. By all good luck, it stopped raining enough for me to get in the car and leave. I took that as the hint to leave, I don't need to be told twice some things.

Only thing that could be more dangerous then sitting down wind to a fire is sitting down to me on a bad day.

I asked a simple question on the Triton website about the Triton 3 Ton towing capacity and the speed going up Thunder Bolts Way and was pointed to the oblivious issues of weight. Any way I went fishing. Hope you get some bites too.

The GI Meet was excellent. We met some lovely people there, with you being one of the nicest (fish fish) and hope to see everyone again. Lynda and I had a great time and have looked at the surrounding areas around Gulgong for next years meet.

Take care,

The General
aka Grant

andrewdale

Post by andrewdale » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:38 am

GrantWC wrote:G'day Andy

We made it home safely after packing up between showers. The biggest shower happened just after I had packed up, hitched the trailer to the car and was safely in the shower. By all good luck, it stopped raining enough for me to get in the car and leave. I took that as the hint to leave, I don't need to be told twice some things.

Only thing that could be more dangerous then sitting down wind to a fire is sitting down to me on a bad day.

I asked a simple question on the Triton website about the Triton 3 Ton towing capacity and the speed going up Thunder Bolts Way and was pointed to the oblivious issues of weight. Any way I went fishing. Hope you get some bites too.

The GI Meet was excellent. We met some lovely people there, with you being one of the nicest (fish fish) and hope to see everyone again. Lynda and I had a great time and have looked at the surrounding areas around Gulgong for next years meet.

Take care,

The General
aka Grant
Well Howdy General,
My humble apologies for missing your response, I was pleased you got home safely and also that you provided some rain for the poor farmers in the area. In the city, with our plumbed water supplies, it is rarely a thought crosses our minds, about the importance of regular rain to the countries farmers, whose very lives depend on that rain. The absolute heartbreak when they have to destroy stock when there is no feed for them. I saw this first hand when helping with Blazeaid at Nimmitabel in 2012 after the fires. Now that is a group well worthy of anyone's time should the opportunity present itself. I was there for 26 days and would have loved it to be longer, however 4wd club commitments brought me home too soon.
I must take issue with your description of me being a nice person, are you trying to ruin my hard fought for reputation? However I do agree there were some lovely people at Glen Innes, you and Lynda right up there at the top.
I have never been to Gulgong, however Capertee, Lithgow, Sofala, Mudgee, Rylstone, Dunn's swamp, Newnes, are places near there, I have been to, and next year will change that state of affairs.
What neck of the woods do you come from? Don't worry if the answer is NSW, I never discriminate and see us all as AUSSIES, unless State of Origin is being played. And then ????? Well!!!!!!!
Cheers Grant, Andy D. QUEENSLANDER.