first timer

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

stan

first timer

Post by stan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi to all first time user ok well its time for a new camper looking for hard floor style
must be off road.There is a new camper place here in Adelaide they sell Mars campers
have been looking at the extreme xhf-14 they seem well made does anybody have one
of there campers, and if so what do you think of them are there any changes I have to do
this is all new to me.
regards Stan

WomblingFree

Re: first timer

Post by WomblingFree » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Stan
Any 'changes to be made' will depend on what you want to do and how you use the camper and your budget. Not for us to say really.

I suggest you attend some local 4x4 camping shows and check out all the offerings. Don't be blinkered by hard floors until you've done your research. Plenty of reasons to not have one but again its personal.
Also strongly suggest you hire a camper for a weekend and go bush. That'll help you figure out what you hate and what you want in campers. Good knowledge for camper purchasing.
I think Johnnos have a rental outlet in Adelaide - http://www.campertrailer.com.au/. They do hard and soft floors so you can try each style.

Whatever you buy, you can pretty much guarantee that you'll be making changes anyway.

cheers
Malcom