Grey waste

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Chris.lee

Grey waste

Post by Chris.lee » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

Hi
Just wondering how campers manage their grey waste while camping. We are looking to buy a hot water on demand for showers but not sure how to do this with grey water restrictions.
Chris & Lee

TinkCT

Re: Grey waste

Post by TinkCT » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:36 am

What grey waste restrictions?

Beagle47

Post by Beagle47 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I haven't come across many places that have grey water restrictions. Mainly council rest stops close to towns (at least some of these require a certification sticker that the vehicle can comply). In those places it would be easy enough to capture kitchen waste water etc in a container for later disposal but external showers would not comply with the restriction. Cheers ......... Alan

TinkCT

Post by TinkCT » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Where do you get a cerification sticker? What dies it mean?

Beagle47

Post by Beagle47 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 pm

As I understand it the certification is of your knowledge of the requirements of self contained waste and an agreement to abide by the restrictions. They used to be available - but I'm well out of date on this - from CMCA and the Australian Caravan Club - for about $5.

Cheers ....... Alan

TinkCT

Post by TinkCT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:54 am

Beagle47 wrote:As I understand it the certification is of your knowledge of the requirements of self contained waste and an agreement to abide by the restrictions. They used to be available - but I'm well out of date on this - from CMCA and the Australian Caravan Club - for about $5.

Cheers ....... Alan
Thanks

WomblingFree

Post by WomblingFree » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm completely failing to understand the point of this. I'm unlikely to have a shower in a rest stop and boiling a cuppa cannot be much of a problem.
From what you say, I have to pay $5 (or whatever) for a bit of paper that states I understand what to do with my grey water. Surely that depends on where you are and therefore is a completely local issue?
or I'm completely missing the point...

Any chance you might have a link to something official that explains what its about?

cheers

Beagle47

Post by Beagle47 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:58 pm

Sorry. Too long ago that I looked into this (when I last had a caravan). At that time anyway some councils had rest areas close to town where travellers were welcome to spend a night providing they had self containment certification.