Anybody know this Trailer?

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

pete

Anybody know this Trailer?

Post by pete » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 am

Hi,
I am new to the forum, although have browsed on and off for a while.

I have been borrowing a CT from a friend of my wides for the last few yeaars, and all the family really enjoy camping with it.
During this time i have also been researching and investigating CT's

Then i found this auction, and went for it.

Does anyone know anything about this CT?

http://www.pickles.com.au/general/item/ ... /202314223

or anything i should look out for?

Thanks

Pete

andrewdale

Re: Anybody know this Trailer?

Post by andrewdale » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 am

pete wrote:Hi,
I am new to the forum, although have browsed on and off for a while.

I have been borrowing a CT from a friend of my wides for the last few yeaars, and all the family really enjoy camping with it.
During this time i have also been researching and investigating CT's

Then i found this auction, and went for it.

Does anyone know anything about this CT?

http://www.pickles.com.au/general/item/ ... /202314223

or anything i should look out for?

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete,
My name is Andy, and I bought a forward folding camper earlier this year, the overall length of 5.2 metres is exactly the same. The A frame looks identical, although mine has more cupboard space over that area. Your interest is a soft floor type where mine is a walk in caravan style. I'd stake my life it is made in China, as indeed mine was, quality of welds, paintwork, galvanising, rustproofing, wiring without rubber grommets, quality of canvas. All of the preceding items demand your thorough vetting. I have come to like various aspects of mine, and am still getting used to it. It can easily become towball heavy if not packed diligently, and I did beef up my springs to heavy duty and also fit Airbags to compensate. Be mindful the Chinese weigh their trailers up bare, then throw on the canvas +water+fridge+battery+++++ Next thing you have an overweight camper, needing a large tow vehicle. My camper was purported to weigh 800 kgs on the spec plate but is on the top side of 1500Kgs.
The running gear is exactly the same independently sprung with dual shockers and electric 10" brakes, also the treg hitch, which I changed for a Hitchmaster AT- 35 from Vehicle Components.
Not trying to rain on your parade but be mindful of most things mentioned. I was lucky to pay $5000 lass than your price and got mine at cost. Which is why I can find it possible to overlook it's bad features.
My advice is don't rush in as there are many for sale, new and used.

Cheers.

pete

Post by pete » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks for the reply Andy.
Unfortunately then, I have just agreed to purchase it. I was highest bidder, but had to come up to the reserve (and fees).
It's good to know things to look out for, and i will see how it goes.
<$10 k will be alright if it holds together for a few years, and if I keep active on this forum and read over all the articles, i should be able to make it last.

I liked this one because of the space and the annex, I have 2 kids and another coming.

I think the first thing i will look into is some more battery power and charging options, solar of connected to the car.
at the moment I don't use a fridge/freezer, just a techni-ice cooler, which worked great for 2 weeks on straddie.

At least i can begin my grand plan now, and bug the wife for trips ever other weekend.

Pete

andrewdale

Post by andrewdale » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:53 am

pete wrote:Thanks for the reply Andy.
Unfortunately then, I have just agreed to purchase it. I was highest bidder, but had to come up to the reserve (and fees).
It's good to know things to look out for, and i will see how it goes.
<$10 k will be alright if it holds together for a few years, and if I keep active on this forum and read over all the articles, i should be able to make it last.

I liked this one because of the space and the annex, I have 2 kids and another coming.

I think the first thing i will look into is some more battery power and charging options, solar of connected to the car.
at the moment I don't use a fridge/freezer, just a techni-ice cooler, which worked great for 2 weeks on straddie.

At least i can begin my grand plan now, and bug the wife for trips ever other weekend.

Pete
Pete,
Ah! So you live near me ? I am at Brighton Q. Do you have a large tow vehicle for your new acquisition? I hope it suits your needs. Mine came with 2 large AGMs, 240 volt charger, 2,000 w inverter, 240volt safety switch. Led and Fluor lights. Wild Boar at Brendale sell them as the TO3 for $21,990 and painted to match your car colour, you can see them on the web. However I didn't buy it from them. I haven't erected the canvas as yet whilst camping, as it is too much of a task at my age.
My old Cub Kamparoo still sits looking betrayed, in the carport, however the wafer thin mattress hasn't morphed into a comfy innerspring as yet, so no reprieve is likely anytime soon.
Email me at bogged4wd@bigpond.com and I can whiz over some photos of the new camper if you wish.

Hooking up with Campertrailers.org is one of the better moves we can all boast of doing in the mad dramas of life. And that's a fact!

Cheers Andy.
Public Relations
Nissan Patrol 4WD Club & member of Fraser Island Clean Up Committee 2015

pete

Post by pete » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Unfortunately, I don't live up near you!
I drove overnight from Sydney - But it was worth it.
I will definitely be looking into the large AGMs, 240 volt charger, 2,000 w inverter, 240volt safety switch...
But I will be happy to start out just camping first, and adding as i can.

Pete