tips needed on a neat and dry soft floor pack up

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

gsharkey

Re: tips needed on a neat and dry soft floor pack up

Post by gsharkey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Had the Zip on my cover replaced earlier this year.
Cost was ~$120
Work was done by Ace Canvas at Taren Point.

Guzzi Matt

Post by Guzzi Matt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm

We have both a Zip and Velcro fastening system on our tonneau cover, the Velcro assists in keeping out dirt, dust and rain and is very effective combined with the zip. We keep all our annexe walls (4), annexe roof and floor mats on top of the folded tent then zip up the tonneau cover and lately we've been keeping a chair as well.

However, when towing the vehicle it 'balloons' up with air and this caused an issue with all the items sliding around so when the zip was undone, much of the contents fell to the ground. The solution I came up with was to install 'Footmans Loops' (http://www.strapworks.com/Metal_Footman_Loop_p/mfl.htm) but had to order from the USA for Stainless Steel as I couldn't source in A/a. I put 3 down each side and one front/rear so 8 all up. I use a 50mm webbing with cam lock buckle to tighten down the load - usually covering the chair and largest pile of canvas walls. This stops them from moving and also negates the 'ballooning' effect under tow and I've now found it also reduces the minute amounts of dust/water entering under the tonneau. Unfortunately I cant post an image here but if anyone keep to see what I've done, email me and i'll happily reply with a photo.

Matt
happy camping
Matt

Mitsubishi Pajero, LifeStyle Camper Trailer, and Cedar the Cavoodle.

CQuinn

Post by CQuinn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:07 pm

You can purchase the "Footmans Loop" locally from Whitworths. They have 25mm and 50m versions. Search using "Webbing Saddles"
https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_item ... lutePage=1

Craig Quinn