Fire Extinguisher

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

Coxy68

Fire Extinguisher

Post by Coxy68 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:28 pm

I'm presuming most of us carry some form of fire extinguisher or fire blanket (or both) with us whilst we are out and about. I know we do, and we have had reason to use the fire blankets on a couple of occasions. However, I have just stumbled across this neat little product on another group I am in & thought it may be a handy item to have around in case of that unwanted emergency.

It is called the Elide Fire Ball & can be seen here http://elidefire.com.au/

I have no commercial ties with this product & I have not seen it work other than in the videos on the link provided, I just wanted to share it with you all, in case you were re-thinking your requirements for fire managements.

I'll be interested in hearing others thoughts.

Cheers,

Coxy

LetsGoTravelAus

Re: Fire Extinguisher

Post by LetsGoTravelAus » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Interesting. Don't think you would want to be too close to it when it went off.
Happy Travels, Chris & Kate
2011 Holden Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Metalink canopy
2011 Ultra E Aussie Swag Camper Trailer
Let’s Go Travel Australia

borgmann

Re: Fire Extinguisher

Post by borgmann » Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 pm

this type of explosive dry chem . system has been around for engine bays and confined space high risk areas in a commercial /industrial
version for a long time ,effective but very messy , set one of these off to extinguish a fire in your van and you'll be cleaning powder away for day's . don't know if it's the sort of thing campers would need. we carry a 1kg dry chem. in the vehicle ,and a re-chargeable 9ltr water extinguisher in the trailer.[very handy for more than just putting out a fire]
must admit though, going by the video's it seems a spectacular way to extinguish a fire.