Newell outback camper trailer

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

woodrowd

Newell outback camper trailer

Post by woodrowd » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi there. Team.
I am new to your forum.
After a lifetime of camping I'm too old to sleep on the ground anymore..We hired a johnos camper trailer last year and loved it.. We have since decided we want a rear fold trailer as it makes it easier getting in and out of the bed. We have decided on the outback Newell model as it meets the low ball weight requirements of my Mazda 6..
Has anybody had experience with this type of camper?
Will it be suitable for travelling on dirt roads.?
I will update my vehicle to a 4 x4 in two years and want a camper that we can use now for weekend camping, and for the future on a possible longer trip upon retirement..
Any advise would be helpful.

robcaz

Re: Newell outback camper trailer

Post by robcaz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:25 am

Hi Woodrowd,

Outback Camper Trailers have been around for a number of years & produce a quality all Australian made product well regarded in the camper trailer industry.

If you are looking at buying a 4wd in the future you would be better off waiting & buying the off road Sturt model over the on road Newell. Off road trailers are usually built a little heavier ie chassis, suspension, bearings etc suited to more load carrying capacity over our harsh outback roads.

A few articles with some theory http://www.campertrailers.org/off_road_trailer.htm

Hope this helps.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year