Anyone cancelling or postponing trips (camping, not overseas)?

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

MrBeardie

Anyone cancelling or postponing trips (camping, not overseas)?

Post by MrBeardie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 pm

My wife and I are planning to do a big lap starting in early July and are very conscious of the possibility of needing to cancel at any time as the Coronavirus affects different parts of the country. This got me to wondering if others have already cancelled their trip or maybe just postponing them on a watch and see basis. So, what are your plans in this regard?
Not there yet

MrBeardie

Re: Anyone cancelling or postponing trips (camping, not overseas)?

Post by MrBeardie » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:48 am

After the announcements by the federal and several state governments I'm guessing the answer is, or at least should be, everyone.
Not there yet

TerryandCaroline

Post by TerryandCaroline » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Had a 26 week trip planned to do Highway One clockwise from NSW Central Coast in our Cub. A couple of diversions.
Powered sites all round for comfort (just turned 75).
Planned when and where with flexibility at site. Travel about peer day, so limit to 4 hour to allow flexibility. A couple of exceptions.
Was all on a spreadsheet. All shut down, so changed the date column, and now back on 11 month later, same trip, assuming Covid rules stay relaxed.
Gave me an extra few months to prepare.
Have also been busy scanning over 2,500 photos from my parents from mid 1930's to 2000. Now all in "the cloud". Shared with siblings and cousins. So many memories.

MrBeardie

Post by MrBeardie » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Yep, we're re-planing our trip as well, only now it will probably be considerably longer. BTW, we'll be going anti-clockwise, as it will work out better for us in regards to the wet season up north.
Not there yet