Switching from tent to camper trailer

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

JustAsking

Switching from tent to camper trailer

Post by JustAsking » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

Hi all,

First time in the forum.

I’ve had a quick search but didn’t find much results, so apologies if this has been answered before.

Anyway...I’m looking to switch from using a tent and buy a camper trailer. I don’t know much, ok anything, about camper trailers and was hoping for some opinions on what key features to consider and what to look out for when buying second hand.

As for requirements, it would need to fit 2 adults and a teenager and not needed for offroad.

EDIT: Is anyone familiar with the Lifestyle Explorer Camper trailer? I have seen a second hand one for sale on the drive to work.

Cheers!

robcaz

Re: Switching from tent to camper trailer

Post by robcaz » Sat May 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi Just Asking,

Welcome to the forum. You will find a couple of articles on the tech tips page under the 'buying a camper' heading that will no doubt give you an inside view of what to look for to suit your own needs in a camper trailer http://www.campertrailers.org/tech_tips.htm

The Lifestyle Explorer is a quality all Australian manufactured camper trailer. I do not think you could go wrong there. Also a good choice buying an off road camper too. If you want to upgrade your vehicle at a later stage to explore a little more off the beaten track, the camper trailer will be suitable.

Hope this helps.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year