AGM Battery Brand

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

irose_57

AGM Battery Brand

Post by irose_57 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Any brand recommendations for a 100ah AGM battery? I've used Lifeline in the past and although very good they are expensive.

Also, has anyone had much experience with the new lead crystal batteries?

Thanks

Ian

robcaz

Re: AGM Battery Brand

Post by robcaz » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Ian,

The results from a recent '12volt set up' poll showed Fullriver, Ritar, Opitma & Giant the most popular brands of AGM deep cycle batteries used by members.

We have just bought two PowerSonic 120 amp hour AGM batteries to replace two Ritar 120 amp hour batteries which we received nine years service from. The PowerSonic's were about $120 cheaper each than a replacement Ritar https://www.autoelec.com.au/12v-120ah-d ... ual-system

The Ritar's were well maintained & only discharged to 50% capacity. Our 12 volt set up can be seen towards the bottom of this article http://www.campertrailers.org/12volt_co ... e_draw.htm

Lead Crystal batteries are just outside our price range at $550 for a 110 amp hour battery. From research they need a four stage charger although tests by Redarc show their three stage BCDC DC to DC charger range will do the job.

The price of lithium-ion batteries are starting to drop. If I was going to update our battery system from scratch I would most likely bite the bullet on a 100 amp hour lithium-ion battery starting from $1000, plus would also need a DC to DC charger to suit.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

irose_57

Re: AGM Battery Brand

Post by irose_57 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks - much appreciated.