No more Yahoo Groups

everything camper trailers, trips, tips, tricks & mods

Moderators: krp102, Coxy68, robcaz

MrBeardie

No more Yahoo Groups

Post by MrBeardie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 am

With Yahoo's announcement that it's shutting down Yahoo Groups on 14 December (US time), are there any plans for an alternative? Is there still a use for one, given the decline in posts there in recent times?
Not there yet

robcaz

Re: No more Yahoo Groups

Post by robcaz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 am

Hi MrBeardie,

The Austrailan CamperTrailers Yahoo Group will still function for those members who wish to use it. Yahoo is removing the Files, Polls, Links, Photos, Folders, Calendar, Database, Attachments, Conversations, Email Updates, Message Digest & Message History. While the Yahoo message rate is way down to what it once was, members can still communicate via email messages. The Australian Facebook Group seems to be the choice of communication these days.

The www.campertrailers.org website holds the bulk of the Yahoo Groups information discussed by members since 2001 with articles written by members. If you are looking for something in particular you can simply type a word into the Google search box found in the top left of the front page of the website.

You can also read this forum like the old Yahoo Groups daily digest by downloading one of several RSS feed apps. This way there is no need to look in the different forum sections for new posts. I have kept forum sections to a minium for this reason.

For those who do not like Facebook I set up this forum a few years ago as an alternative.
happy camping
Rob & Carol
Australian CamperTrailers Group co-owner

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

MrBeardie

Re: No more Yahoo Groups

Post by MrBeardie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 am

Ok, noted. I believe I may still have a very old Yaahoo account but I haven't used Yahoo groups since it was very young. I only had a brief look at it when I received the preliminary info about the closure in the industry media, although it was at that time represented as the Groups shutting down completely. Turns out that was wrong, or possibly Yahoo had a partial change of mind. As I also don't use Facebook I'll just stick to the website and forum, that's enough for me.
Not there yet